Sunday, May 30, 2010

Let Your Light So Shine...


I have a really amazing friend who is really great about giving me spiritual advice. I appreciate his point of view and his worthiness to be called upon when needed. I called upon him this past Sunday for a blessing, which was followed by a long discussion that brought on a memory.

The memory was of my Papaw Howard and something he said to me while I was in high school. Papaw was a good Pentecostal man, who loved the Lord and served Him in every way. He raised my father to be a hard worker and a God fearing man, and he did a very good job at it. The memory was this.... He told me "I am pleased with your special spirit, I am not sure you realize the light you radiate, you are like a lighthouse to those around you."

Do you realize the purpose of a lighthouse? Wiki Answers says: "...to steer mariners in dense fog and dark nights, away from cliffs. land and shorelines, coral reefs and other potentially hazardous areas....Lighthouses also need to be visable during the day to perform similar function of warning against reefs and rocks."

The light I radiated in high school was like a lighthouse...????.... I think it was actually true then.... I think I've lost a lot of that light over the past few years though....

I sat down this morning with a question in my heart and opened my scriptes to read from 3 Nephi 12 my eyes were drawn to versis 15 and 16. they read:
15 " Behold do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house"
16 "Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorigy your Father who is in heaven."

It made me remember last Sunday, and Brad and my discussion. It made me remember my desire to find that light again.... SO here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God gets the ball rolling in our lives with a few little things here and there. It's truly a testimony to me of how much he loves us to make even the simplest moments in to powerful, motivating experiences in our lives. He's in everything...

    ReplyDelete