Thursday, February 18, 2010

HOME.....

He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home. -Johann Von Goethe
Home is a starting place of love and dreams. I made a trip home this week...not for pleasure... My grandfather had a heart attack and has been in the hospital in critical condition. He's slowly making improvements, but I can't help but feel that he isn't going to pull through this one... I WANT HIM TO, but in my mind I just don't see it happening.
REGARDLESS of the circumstances of why I am home, this trip has had me thinking about a lot of things...
For starters, the last two times I have come home, I have loved being with my family, but it hasn't felt like my home anymore, not where I belong and yet the place I am living also doesn't feel like where I'm meant to be...
The other thing I have been thinking about is the phrase Home is the starting place of love and drams... This is a true fact! My parents taught me to love and be generous to all those around me and I try to live my life by that motto.
In the apartment complex that I live in back in Orem, my apartment is/or use to be the hang out apartment. NEVER A DULL MOMENT. My door is always open, EVERYONE is welcome to come in have a hot meal (if one has been prepared) and enjoy good conversation. HOWEVER I began to feel like this was being expected and not appreciated... I believe some began to think that this open home policy was because I wanted to hear and be apart of all the drama that goes on in the complex. THIS COULDN'T BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH.
I was raised to be a hand of help to others, a listening ear when a friend was needed. The first to give a hug or hold a person as they grieved... I learned these traits from my mother and I realized this as I watched her care for my grandfather this past week and as she interacted with her family. MY MOM...The one who will bend over backwards and give what she doesn't have to make sure you have it a little easier. I'm just like her, and I'm not complaining :)
THESE TRAITS WERE LEARNED IN MY HOME!
Home is where friendships are formed and families are grown;where joy is shared and true love is known;where memories are made and seeds of life are sown.This is the place...that people call HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment