Monday, February 1, 2010

FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE AND DO IT ON PURPOSE! -DOLLY PARTEN

I don't understand why people are afraid of being alone. I was hanging out with a group of people the other day watching Mama Mia and I made the comment that I had seen the movie in theaters BY MYSELF. The first response was "that sounds very depressing." another chimed in with "how could you do that?"

I don't see what the big deal is..... I have an amazing friend that I met while living in North Carolina. Mecca Williams (now Thacker)! Over lunch one day she told me that I needed to learn to love myself. "FALL IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF AND THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU TOO!" Isn't that amazing advice!?!?!?!

I would have been a fool not to take it, so I set to work!!!! One of the things I love is going to the movies!!!! I love to experience the BIG screen while eating buttery popcorn!!! I decided that I would give it a try!

The first time was SCARY....no joke, walking into a movie theater by yourself.... people must think your crazy to be spending time in public ALONE. Doing an activity that is normally done in pairs. Thinking back I doubt anyone even noticed, though at the time I felt like everyone was staring at the crazy single girl going to the movies all by herslef.

If I were to be honest, it was the best movie going experience I've ever had!!!! There was no one there to distract me from the story line by talking to me! I FELL IN LOVE IMMEDIATELY!!!! It became a weekly thing for me to take a day and go see a new movie! You may be surprised how easy it is to confidently walk into a dark theater, sit down with your bucket of yummy buttery popcorn and watch a movie!

It had been awhile since I had taken time to enjoy a favorite past time. I hadn't done it once since I moved to Utah so this past Friday I took a few hours to myself and went to see WHEN IN ROME! AND you know what???? I enjoyed myself!!!!

FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE AND DO IT ON PURPOSE! -DOLLY PARTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment