Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Past, The Present and the Future....

This has been a difficult day... why? because I'm having flashbacks of the past.
I was supposed to go to a wedding shower tonight for a friend, and I'm truly happy for her, but my past creeps back up and I have a stupid anxiety attack and I back out at the last minute.
Most people know my past, I was once engaged to a great man! For many reasons we called off out wedding, and I have not quite recovered. I have a wedding dress that hangs in my closet. Upon request of a friend I put it on yesterday, and it started my whole downfall for today.
It may seem odd to many, but I am grateful for my past with this man. He taught me so many things in the course of our relationship. The first was how to love, how to take myself a little less seriously, and through the breakup I learned how to forgive, and now how to be friends. More then anything I am grateful for his friendship! Thank you David, you never fail to amaze me, make me giggle when I need it the most, and still treat me with more respect then any man I have ever met :)
I don't know what my future holds. Life wouldn't be much fun if I did ;) but I am grateful for the example set for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment