Sunday, August 8, 2010

Friends are Like Trees

A good friend of mine came for a visit the other day! He came in and said, "I learned something today that I think is applicable for both of us!" He proceeded to tell me "I was watching Tyler Perry today and this is what he said! Friends are like trees. Some are the leaves, these friends go wherever the wind blows them. They are in your life for a season and then gone. Other friends are the branches on the tree. These friends take take take and never have anything to give. These types of friends should be avoided. THEN, you have your friends that are the roots! These are true friends!" I am very appreciative for that small but important lesson, especially now as I watch very important people leave my immediate life. This change of season has been hard on me, yet I know that those who are true friends will always be there! I am soooo sooooo sooooo grateful for the true friends that I have! Thank you for being in my life, Thank you for seeing my potential when I am so imperfect, and thank you for loving me. I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

1 comment:

  1. yeah.. this is a great quote.. friends are important to have.

    ReplyDelete