Tuesday, January 12, 2010

There is something about Bob Harper that gets my blood pumping!!!!

In 2004 I met a friend (in the form of a mission companion) named Michelle Demke (now Bliss). Michelle worked hard, and inspired me to be a better person! She to this day remains one of my favorite mission companions.

The alarm clock would go off at 6:00 every morning Michelle would obediently jump out of bed, drop to her knees to say her morning prayers and then get in the shower. She would then enter our room and say "Sister Carrier, I can't believe your still in bed, get up!" She would then make me run a mile with her around the town of Kimberly Idaho. At first I hated her for it...despised her for it. THEN my thighs started to look sexy hot, my tummy got flat, my face looked better, healthier... I lost 75+ pounds after meeting this girl!

Michelle and I only served together for 6 weeks, but she helped me develop a love for running! When I returned to Kentucky after my 18 months of serving I quit running. WHY? Maybe because I didn't have Michelle pushing me to go the extra mile. I also gained back every bit of the weight I had lost.

My first hobby up for revaluation is going to be working out and working my way up to being a runner again!....

BOB HARPER is my new best friend!






No comments:

Post a Comment