Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This is what I know...

COUNT YOUR MANY BLESSINGS NAME THEM ONE BY ONE, AND IT WILL SURPRISE YOU WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE...
I don't often bare my testimony, but I was recently reading through a copy of an old journal and found an entry where I had made a list of the things I knew, I thought it might be fun to do that again...
1. We are children of God, and He loves us. I use to think as a child that if I were to sin that I would receive punishment for that sin. When I broke mom and dads rules I got a spanking or they grounded me... If I broke one of Gods rules he would give just punishment in physical form as well. ex.) I would be in a car accident, or hurt myself in some way. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Thank goodness our Father in Heaven dose not execute punishment in such a way. He loves us perfectly! He knows us personally! and He wants us to trust in Him and FOLLOW HIM!
2. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. I AM A SINNER. I have never claimed to be a perfect person, but I know that through the Atonement, when truly seeked we can be forgiven and made clean and whole through the blood of Christ. I've recently began to understand the meaning behind the phrase "godly sorrow" I've come to understand that repentance and receiving forgiveness is not feeling guilt for wrong choices, it is not putting in time periods of sustaining from sin. It is having a change of HEART, It is recognizing that your sin caused our SAVIOR great pain and suffering. It is feeling remorse and sorrow for being a cause of such pain and a desire to change your actions and sin no more. "Now the Spirit knoweth all things: nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold this is the testimony which is in me" -Alma 7:13
3. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, He restored the fullness of Christ gospel on the earth and Thomas S. Monson is the Lords prophet on the earth today! I had a special love for Gordon B. Hinkley he was the prophet of my childhood and much of my adult life. This past weekend as I listened to Thomas S. Monson speak in General Conference I gained this same feeling of love for him as a prophet of God and as the leader of the Lords true church.
4. I LOVE being in the temple. This past Sunday I drove to the Provo temple and watched missionaries take pictures and was reminded of a moment in a temple interview given by President Templin. He asked me "Sister Carrier, is a temple marriage important to you?" My response then was " I WILL SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS!" I have at times lost sight of that conviction, and have almost settled for much much less... I am grateful for the atonement, and that through true repentance I will one day be able to have the full blessings of the temple and a temple marriage in my life!
5. The prieshood is Gods power on earth! I have seen and felt the miracles of the priesthood in my life countless times. I am grateful that the Lord has given this power to worth men to bless lives and homes! I am grateful that I grew up in a home where the priesthood was present and respected.
These are just a few of my blessings, just a few of the things that I know, but they are GREAT! I love the gospel, I am so grateful to have it in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment