Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day  8:  I've already had a lot of people asking me about "this program" you are on!  It's been really fun telling them about it!   I think quite a few people will join in once they see the success that comes with it!  I don't think my weight loss is noticeable to others yet, but I'm seeing it in myself already. In my face, the way my scrubs and lab coat are fitting me!  It's all very exciting. I learned the hard way tonight that my food needs to be made fresh.  I originally thought that I would make Sunday night my food prep night for the week.  However, I ate a salad tonight that had set in my fridge for a week and the chicken tasted old and my spinach leaves were soggy and not crisp :(  I'll just have to prepare the night before or the day of depending on when I have the time to do it.

TONIGHT'S LEAN AND GREEN
Baked chicken seasoned with salt and pepper, 1 cup spinach and 1/2 cup green pepper with the homemade ranch dressing! Would have been delightful if it were fresh.  ;)

TOMORROWS LEAN AND GREEN
My coach Chantel sent me a recipe today for Faux Potato Salad made with Cauliflower.  I made it tonight and I couldn't resist taking a little bite!  Lets just say I'm excited for my lean and green tomorrow!  I may have it for breakfast! LOL!  The link ishttp://www.sandyskitchenadventures.com/2013/08/faux-potato-salad.html?m=1 The recipe is....


Faux Potato Salad

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup cauliflower, cooked (3 Greens)
2 cooked hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped (2/3 Lean)
1/2 cup 2% Greek plain yogurt (1/3 Lean)
2 tsp Dijon mustard (2 Condiments)
1/8 tsp salt (.5 Condiments)
dash of pepper
2 pickle spears, chopped (1 Snack)

Directions:
Chop cooked cauliflower into small florets. Place in a medium sized bowl.
Add eggs and pickles.

In another small bowl, combine yogurt, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Add to the cauliflower mixture and toss to coat.
Refrigerate until serving.

The entire dish is:
1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments and 1 Snack

Or you could divide the salad into 3 equal portions and get:
1/3 Lean (need 2/3 Lean), 1 Green (need 2 Greens), 1 Condiment and 1/3 Snack


No comments:

Post a Comment