Friday, July 4, 2014

Today was really hard.   I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 4th of July, it's one of my favorite holidays! Growing up the 4th of July always meant family reunion at my Papaw's river camp and slow cooked BBQ on the pit.  Papaw's special recipe of course.  There was BBQ'd Boston butt, chicken, ribs..... OH, those ribs! and that's not mentioning all the side dishes!  The 4th of July was meant for  lots and lots of food and family!  
On top of missing my family, and my Papaw Paul, I wasn't able to gorge myself with delicious BBQ this fourth of July.  My first thought as I woke up this morning was "this is going to be hard."  but gratefully my very first e-mail of the morning was from my awesome coach Chantel!  It was an e-mail saying Happy Independence day and about declaring my independence from obesity and poor health.  SO, as I got into the shower this morning I used something called the Secret.  (If you have never heard of the secret you should look into it.)  I imagined myself one year from now 100 lbs. less then I weigh right now.  I imagined my body, my clothes, my smile and I made the choice to declare my independence! That wasn't the end of my struggle today though.  Thankfully my wonderful husband was able to talk me out of and take me out of a situation that involved ham fried rice and egg rolls... lol.  

TONIGHT'S LEAN AND GREEN
Tonight's dinner was one cup romaine lettuce and one cup spinach with 1/2 cup cucumber.  Topped with 5oz. cooked ground turkey breast. (99% lean).  Served with homemade salad dressing and 5 green olives and 1tbl. salsa!  Yum Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment